ATI’s WORKPLACE WORKSHOP
…as seen at Oxford University, on NineMSN, BBC, Future Health and Australian Mining Magazine
- The only qualified provider of the evidence-based Autogenic Training courses in Australia
- Accredited by AAS (Australian Autogenic Society)
- Meets standards set by ICAT (International Committee of Autogenic Therapy)
- This course is designated a Focused Psychological Strategy and qualifies for Continuing Professional Development Points (CPD) by the Australian Psychological Society and the Department of Health for many health professions.
Duration: Two days
To register or to find out more: Use contact form below or phone 0416 102 190
- Hands on and experiential learning, The Autogenic Training Workshop Package, Well-Being Questionnaire, The Autogenic Stress Checklist © as a self-measurement tool of before and after practice effects, The Autogenic Training Audio Tool ©, The Autogenic Training Journal, email contact
- History of AT, applications and research
- What are the differences and similarities between AT, Eastern forms of Meditation, Mindfulness and Biofeedback Training and Hypnosis?
- The science of AT: the neuro-psychological, biochemical and physiological dynamics (cognitive, emotional, behavioural and physical)
- A ‘treatment’ vs a spiritual process towards a sense of ‘oneness’ and self-actualisation.
- Stages and phases of the Autogenic Process
- What is the ‘neutral’ and ‘altered’ state of consciousness during AT?
- What is the Autogenic Switch?
- What is The Autogenic State?
- Autogenic Training postures and environmental considerations
- Training protocols
- The difference between passive concentration, passive awareness and passive acceptance
- Training Symptoms vs Autogenic Discharges
- The Preliminary/Priming Exercise
- The Body Feedback Communication Channel ©
- Measuring and monitoring before and after Formula effects
- The 6 Standard Formulae or Exercises
- The Supportive Formula
- The Short Exercises
- The Jaw, Neck and Shoulders Exercise
- The Close/Cancellation Technique
- The Personal and Motivational Formulae
- The Physical Healing Formulae
- The Autogenic Bio-memory Formula © (Gibbons, J; 2015)
“I am writing this letter in support of Helen Gibbons and the Australian Autogenic Project. Ms Gibbons is not only an internationally recognized expert in Autogenics, but also an outstanding leader who will not only make this project successful but make it thrive….this project has the opportunity to become an international best practice standard for treatment and care. I believe that Ms. Gibbons will make a significant difference in the way we provide health services internationally.”
Dr Kori D. Novak, Ph.D., MBA
Oxford University Researcher
Affiliation: Stanford University
About Helen Gibbons
Helen Gibbons, Director and Founder of Autogenic Training Institute has worked for over 20 years in organizational and clinical settings as an expert in the science of stress management, mental health and performance. As Chief Psychologist she specializes in the interplay between the brain and body, utilizing research in the field of neuroscience and psychology to target techniques that build up neuro-psychophysiological resilience leading to improvements in emotional, cognitive and physical well-being as well as performance. She developed and runs Australia’s only internationally accredited professional qualification course leading to the Diploma of Autogenic Training, a qualification which is recognized by the International Committee of Autogenic Therapy in Lyon, France. Considered an international expert on Autogenic Training and Autogenic Therapy she has presented at Oxford University, was a co-plenary speaker with the 2015 Peace Prize Nominee Claudio Neranjo at the 2015 International Congress of Science and Meditation in Las Palmas, Spain and was invited to become a Founding Member, a Member of the Board as well as Head of the Oceania Chapter of The International Society of Autogenic Training and Autogenic Psychotherapy (established in Madrid in 2014 by the President, Professor Luis de Rivera), Due to Helen’s contributions to Autogenic Training worldwide she was awarded an Honorary Membership by the British Autogenic Society.
She is a Full Member of the Australian Psychological Society and is Australia’s leading Autogenic Trainer and Therapist. Her paper titled ‘The Effectiveness of Autogenic Training for Occupational Health and Safety in High Risk Industries: Mining and Police in Australia’ will be published in the March edition of The European Journal of Autogenic and Bionomic Studies.